Author Topic: IDEAS FOR WHEN WE START SHOOTING HFT COMPS AGAIN.  (Read 964 times)

Offline Darkhorse

• 'NWAF'
Re: IDEAS FOR WHEN WE START SHOOTING HFT COMPS AGAIN.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 09:17:22 pm »
I thought defeating the object was covid!!!

Offline Dave Benyon

• NWAF - VIP
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 10:18:47 pm »
Cheers for replies guys.  _thumb

Offline Darkhorse

• 'NWAF'
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 10:54:55 pm »
Ok Dave,
Some frustration from myself over all this whatever happens enjoy _thumb

Offline Chris t

• Rivi Riflemen
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 01:27:44 pm »
Good ideas dave, i think we all must accept that tjings are going to be different for a while, however its the same for everyone, so the rules are just going to have to be tweaked a little,but if it means we can all get out and enjoy our sport then so be it !!!!  Personally i,d agree to anything that allows me back out to shoot !!! Keep safe lads and i hope to see you all soon 😊

Offline mimut

• 'NWAF'
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 10:34:13 pm »
I think to solve all arguments shoot kneeling and standing
Be excellent practice.
Then your not touching nothing.
And only need your been bag
100% agree  _thumb

Offline blue dragon

• 'NWAF'
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 10:02:37 am »
I think the ideas put forward are all worthy ones, I would suggest that a dummy run with only a few shooters to see how it would move and gauge the distancing
Steve
master of my fate captain of my soul or until the wife says otherwise ;-)

Offline GregM

• 'NWAF'
  • Won some stuff 2013
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2020, 10:51:19 am »
My thoughts in Scotland about the social distancing issue at shoots were:
The firing line would have to be strung out with at least 10 yards between pegs, so a group of three (Max) on one peg can keep 2m apart from each other and from other groups. Weíd not be permitted to have hft/ft type gatherings if we canít do the social distancing thing.
The firing line should be in a horseshoe or linear with one way travel, no walking back down the firing line from peg 30 to 1 past other shooters; or the ground having enough room for groups to pass by by 2m or more.
This rules out some clubs where the firing line is just too congested and is basically a narrow path.
Since the distancing thing is going to be required for sure, the marshals will have to police this and people who canít stick to it will have to be treated in the same way as a safety issue.

Offline Ian Jones

• Rivi Riflemen
    • Rivington Riflemen.
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2020, 02:44:17 pm »

Since the distancing thing is going to be required for sure, the marshals will have to police this and people who canít stick to it will have to be treated in the same way as a safety issue.

As far as I'm concerned it IS a safety issue. A very serious one at that.

Stay safe everyone.
www.rivington-riflemen.eu
Im special with a capital R.

Offline Don

• 'NWAF'
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2020, 08:08:02 pm »
I think if we adopt kneeling and standing only at shoots, new rules would have to be thought up, I think we could for instance use 35 mm kills  over 35 yds too 45 yds and bigger kills for standing shots, remembering, this would be a one off series for a bit of fun and to have a craic again👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Offline Dave Benyon

• NWAF - VIP
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2020, 08:31:42 pm »
Don if Worsley want to set up a Kneeling and standing comp please do. The above ideas are so that we could take part in inter club comps with the inclusion of all ages and health of shooters and keep them safe. Once the current situation is over we can then get back to the current UKAHFT rules.

Offline LMeds

• Rivi Riflemen
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2020, 08:40:18 pm »
I think the kneeling and standing is a big ask for a lot of our current shooters. Many already have to take their kneeling standing and 27 kneeling and 3 standing will rule out a large proportion of members.

Most gauntlets we are lucky to get 35 attending, asking senior members and members with physical issues to shoot a 5/6 series comp of standing would be more of a non event.

Fortunately I can shoot kneeling and standing but as far as practising kneelers and standers technique is one thing the mind set to complete it in a true HFT comp is another.

I do not see the advantage to just kneeling and standing over the posted proposal. You still need to reset the string and still kneed a bean bag. The only additional item of kit is the matt which we bring one each or shoot off the ground.

We live in a democracy and I will abide by the majority but for the sake of a shooting matt there is no difference only the numbers that will attend

Lee

Offline tagtag1

• NWAF - Oldham Rep'
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2020, 08:43:57 pm »
There are older hft shooters that have recovered from heart attacks and other health conditions , and there are other shooters that have neck , shoulder and back problems . to shoot all the course kneeling and standing will prove problematic , and takes no account or consideration for these shooters . kneeling and standing takes away the very essence of HFT . I see no reason with the right safeguards implemented why we cannot shoot prone and shoot our accepted HFT Format . The main principles and ideas put forward by Dave seem sensible and acceptable .

Offline Don

• 'NWAF'
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2020, 10:32:32 pm »
Hi Dave, it was my opinion and answer to your question, not the opinion of Worsley club as a whole , Worsley will go along with what the other clubs as well as ours deem fit for purpose 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Offline Don

• 'NWAF'
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2020, 08:18:24 am »
Just a thought folks, as we shoot to UKAH/FT RULES, have they got any recommendations at all??,

Offline Dave Benyon

• NWAF - VIP
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2020, 09:51:03 am »
Hi Don I am not aware of UKAHFT having any updates on their rules at the moment. I did ask Pete Sparkes to have a look at the ideas I have put forward and he was happy with them. Until we know were we will be up to in respect of social distancing and the virus when we are allowed to start shooting it is all guess work. If we are allowed to start shooting before social distancing is fully over then something along the ideas I have put forward may allow us to get shooting. If we are not allowed to shoot until social distancing is over and we have a vaccine for the virus then these ideas wont need to be used.
I suspect UKAHFT will be in the same boat if and when they resume the shoots.